The Canadian Public Health Association (CPHA), Immunize Canada and the Ottawa Hospital Research Institute (OHRI) have collaborated to develop a free app for smart phones and other mobile devices that will help Canadians keep track of their vaccinations.
Production of this application has been made possible through funding from the Public Health Agency of Canada.
What it does
Provide Canadians with the ability to:
- Easily record and store vaccine information
- Access vaccination schedules
- Manage vaccination appointments for the entire family
- Access evidence-based and expert-reviewed information about recommended and routine vaccinations for children, adults and travellers
- Receive alerts about disease outbreaks in their area
In recognition of its use of innovative wireless technology to improve the lives of Canadians, the Canadian Wireless Telecommunication Association (CWTA) has made a "Connected to the Community" award to Immunize Canada
- 28 May 2015: Immunize Canada receives award for mobile app (external link)
- 30 April 2015: New pilot project in Ottawa offers mobile solution for immunization reporting: Ottawa residents can send their children's immunization information to public health authorities via their iPhones and iPads.
- Canadian Public Health
Association (external link)
Hospital Research Institute (external link)
Health Agency of
Canada (external link)
WHO Vaccine Safety Net newsletter
- ImmunizeCA app featured in WHO's Vaccine Safety Net newsletter (external link)
- Federal Minister of Health highlights ImmunizeCA app in the House of Commons, 29 April 2014 (external link)
- Broll (MOV: 2.4gb)