Immunize Canada is a national coalition of non-governmental, professional, health, government and private sector organizations with a specific interest in promoting the understanding and use of vaccines recommended by the National Advisory Committee on Immunization (NACI).
The coalition’s goal
To contribute to the control/elimination/eradication of vaccine-preventable diseases in Canada.
The coalition's objectives
- To provide accurate information via public awareness campaigns on vaccines recommended by the National Advisory Committee on Immunization (NACI).
- To maintain and increase public trust in immunizations by responding to inaccurate information on immunization with factual, evidence-based information.
- To develop and ensure dissemination of promotional products and activities for seasonal campaigns that focus on the benefits and safety of recommended immunization for all ages.
- To advocate for public health policies that support Immunize Canada’s goal of controlling/eliminating/eradicating vaccine-preventable diseases in Canada through immunization for all ages.
- To provide expert spokespeople on the benefits and safety of immunizations for media in both official languages as required.
- To engage the media in the campaigns to promote immunization.
Immunize Canada creates educational tools and promotional materials for the general public and for health care providers. Our materials undergo a rigorous internal review, and we rely upon evidence-based information and the knowledge syntheses produced by the National Advisory Committee on Immunization (NACI) and its recommendations, which are published in the Canadian Immunization Guide.
The National Advisory Committee on Immunization (NACI)
The National Advisory Committee on Immunization (NACI) is a national advisory committee of experts in the fields of pediatrics, infectious diseases, immunology, medical microbiology, internal medicine, and public health. NACI reports to the Assistant Deputy Minister of Infectious Disease Prevention and Control, and works with the Public Health Agency of Canada to provide ongoing and timely medical, scientific, and public health advice in the form of recommendations for the use of vaccines currently or newly approved in Canada. For more information about NACI, please see https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/immunization/national-advisory-committee-on-immunization-naci.html.
This website is for Canadians, including health care providers who are seeking credible and reliable information on immunization for all ages. It is developed, published, managed, and updated regularly by the Secretariat for Immunize Canada. Immunize Canada does not endorse vaccine brands. Links from this website to other resources do not necessarily imply endorsement; they are for information only.
Content is reviewed by the Chairs of Immunize Canada:
Shelly McNeil MD FRCPC
Associate Professor of Medicine, Dalhousie University;
Infectious Disease Consultant, Queen Elizabeth II Health Sciences Centre, Halifax
Anne Pham-Huy MD FRCP (C), Assistant Professor, University of Ottawa; Pediatric Infectious Diseases Physician,
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Infectious Diseases, Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, Ottawa
Please use the following code to access Immunize Canada's web button logo and link to Immunize Canada's website:
<a title="Visit Immunize Canada" href="https://immunize.ca"><img alt="Visit Immunize Canada" src="https://immunize.ca/sites/default/files/pictures/Logo/ic_button_logo.jpg" border="0"></a>